Get started with the Augustus C. Long Health Sciences Library and make the most of your time at Columbia University.
1. Configure your computing setup
Set up your wireless access, download bibliographic citation management tools and learn how to use the information resources CUMC provides before things get busy.
- Activate your UNI with CUIT
- Configure your device to use the secured wireless network, Athens
- Configure your VPN connection
- Printing at CUMC
- Copying and scanning at CUMC
- Download citation management tools
2. Meet with an informationist
Informationists can help you identify scholarly resources (databases, journals, blogs, etc) focused for your research.
3. Improve your search efficiency by attending a library class
4. Find your favorite study and collaboration spots
On the Lower Level 1 of the Hammer Health Sciences Building we offer five group study rooms that seat between 4-8 individuals and three larger collaboration rooms that seat between 8-10 individuals. These can be reserved ahead of time.
There are also a number of other areas on the CUMC campus to study.