There are 8 group study rooms located on Lower Level 1 of the Hammer Building. In Spring 2017, we sent a survey to all of the students who had made a reservation in the past academic year. Our top 6 findings are:
- Library group study rooms are used by students of all of the CUMC schools.
- Most people book a room for 2-3 hours.
- The most popular time period for reservations is between 10am and 6pm.
- Other popular study spaces are: the Knowledge Center, students' homes, and the VEC
- Overall, the group study rooms received a "Good" rating for furniture, maintenance, and white boards.
- Issues with the rooms include these areas:
- conflicts with other patrons about reservations or rooms
The Health Sciences Library is working to address the issues raised by students. For example, we purchased 66 new chairs for the rooms to replace the wooden ones. We also moved to a system where reservations must be made 24 hours in advance, allowing un-reserved rooms to be used on a first-come, first-served basis and avoiding conflicts over reservations. We are developing a plan of action to address other issues, but if you have questions or comments please contact Eric Dillalogue, Access Services Manager, at email@example.com.