VitalSource, in collaboration with select publishers, has created a program called VitalSource Helps that allows students and faculty to have access to an expansive catalog of e-texts for a limited time.
Using your columbia.edu address, you can access up to seven (7) titles to borrow for free until May 25, 2020.
To gain access to this digital book catalog, first go to bookshelf.vitalsource.com to create an account or log-in.
- New users should click “Create a VitalSource account” to begin
- Returning VitalSource users can use their existing credentials to log-in or click “Forgot Password” to reset their account
- Once logged-in to your Bookshelf account, click Explore to search by title
- When you find the title you are looking for, click on the title’s book cover to Borrow
- An item-counter in the lower-left corner of the Bookshelf screen will help keep track of the number of books borrowed
To access e-books offline, users can download the Bookshelf app available for free on all major app stores. Users can download e-books simultaneously on two desktops/laptops and two mobile devices. If a user reaches the activated devices limit, deactivate a device to activate other devices in account settings.
The VitalSource Helps program is made possible by the support of leading publishers, campus retailers, and independent bookstores in higher education. See a list of participating publishers.