COVID-19 service update: the inter-campus delivery service is currently on pause. Book pick-up is generally limited to owning locations. For example, books from Health Sciences Library (HSL) is to be picked up at HSL only; refer to the "How to Pick Up Materials" section on this page for Morningside pick-up locations. Alternatively, use scanning service for electronic delivery. To request a book pick-up, use the Pick-Up link in CLIO as demonstrated below.
To borrow a book located at another Columbia University library (excluding the Law Library and Teachers College Library), request it via the free inter-campus delivery service. This service is available to current CUIMC faculty, students, and staff to request eligible circulating library collections. Books requested for inter-campus delivery are usually available in 3-4 business days. You’ll receive an email once the item is available.
Submitting an inter-campus delivery request
- Locate the title you want to request from another Columbia University Library in the online catalog CLIO
- Click on the item's record
- In the menu bar on the page, click on "Requests", then choose the "Inter-Campus Delivery" option
- A new window Request It page will open
- Select the "Request Delivery of a Morningside Heights book to the Health Sciences Library" option
- Click Continue
- Complete the form:
- Select the retrieval location (the library that owns the book)
- Confirm your contact information
- Using information from the book record in CLIO, paste the citation of the item - the citation should include:
- Call number
- A request confirmation is sent to you. You will get an Item Available Notice by email when the item is ready to at the Health Sciences Library.