Access Medicine is a database of McGraw-Hill medical resources that includes:
- Leading medical textbooks – More than 100 references help students and residents succeed throughout their medical education, including the latest editions of the world’s most respected medical texts such as, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine and CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment
- Differential Diagnosis Tool – Connect to more than 1,000 diagnoses through Diagnosaurus®, a tool that saves you time by allowing you to browse by symptom, disease, or organ system at the point of care. Find under “Quick Reference” and click DDx.
- Study Tools – Extensive Q&A from leading references such as Harrison’s Self-Assessment and Board Review and the LANGE textbooks to assist students and residents in exam preparation.
- Customizable Patient Education handouts
- Drug Database
AccessMedicine also provides medical students with a variety of resources needed to excel in basic science studies and clerkships; helps residents, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with instant access to videos, self-assessment, and leading medical textbooks that facilitate decision-making at the point-of-care; and allows practicing physicians to brush up on their medical knowledge to ensure the best patient outcome.
Personal Account Information
In order to access review questions (Q&A) or the Case Files you need to be logged into your MyAccess personal account. You will then be able to access them under the Study Tools.
Creating a FREE MyAccess account will unlock personalized options and a higher level of functionality. (If you already have a personal account within another McGrawHill product, such as: AccessPediatrics, AccessPhysiotherapy, you can log in using this username and password.)
- Go to the AccessMedicine homepage.
- Click on the top right of the page where it says "Columbia University" to open a drop-down box with a link to Sign in or Create a Free MyAccess Profile.
- A new window will appear. Click on the "Create a Free MyAccess Profile" link.
- Fill in the registration under the heading "Create a Free MyAccess Profile."
Once created, your MyAccess account will allow you to:
- Use the AccessMedicine App (instructions below)
- Access Self-Assessments & Case questions
- Save and download images.
NOTE: To keep your MyAccess account active, you must sign in every 90 days through the library's link to Access Medicine.
The AccessMedicine app (to download the app, please visit the App Store or Google Play) delivers indispensable support and invaluable point of care solutions for clinical practice through these mobile features:
- Quick Medical Dx & Rx is a collection of concise evidence-based outlines of conditions and disorders most often encountered in medical practice – perfect for high-yield review or for quick reference in the clinical setting
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology facilitates dermatologic diagnosis by providing color images of skin lesions, plus a summary outline of skin disorders and diseases.
- Differential Diagnosis Tool
- Diagnostic Tests, from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, is a quick reference guide to the selection and interpretation of commonly used diagnostic tests, including laboratory procedures in the clinical setting
To download the AccessMedicine App, please visit the App Store or Google Play.