Individual seats in the Knowledge Center are available to CUIMC students by reservation for individual study starting July 27, 2020. Please continue to Individual Study Spaces for details.
Other study areas as well as meeting spaces of the Health Sciences Library remain unavailable due to space closure as a result of COVID-19. Please check back for updates.
- Individual study spaces
- COVID 19 and meeting spaces
Individual study spaces
What is individual study space and how does it work?
Starting July 27, 2020, the Knowledge Center will provide individual seats for CUIMC students by reservation. Under the current guidelines, we are able to offer 66 seats, configured to follow social distancing rules. See what’s available on the seating map.
Seats are available 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday. Students can book up to two hours of study time each day with a minimum of 30 minutes per session. To enter the space, tap active CUIMC IDs on the card reader by the Knowledge Center entrance.
- Banquette/booth: 7 seats
- Conference Room 101: 8 seats
- MacOS computer workstation: 3 seats
- Orange Room 1-102: 1 seat
- Round table: 15 seats
- Square chair: 6 seats
- 4 seats near Conference room 101
- 2 seats near Orange room 1-102
- Tall table: 12 seats
- Teamwork hub: 4 seats
- Windows computer workstation: 10 seats
How do I make a reservation?
- Find the seat you want from the list. Click the “Info” button before any seat name for a brief description.
- There are two ways to choose a time slot:
- Click on the beginning of the time slot you wish to reserve. The system defaults to an hour.
- Click on a time slot then hold down and drag the mouse forward or backward to adjust the length of your session.
- Once you make a selection, LibCal will display it underneath the calendar.
- If you would like to modify the length, use the drop-down menu underneath the calendar to do so. Each booking starts from 30 minutes to up to 2 hours in 15-minute increments.
- If you would like to change your choice of seat or time, delete the current selection using the trash can icon next to it. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Click the "Submit Times" button to submit your reservation. You will need to authenticate with your UNI.
- On the Booking Details page, click “Continue” after verifying your selection and reading the Terms and Conditions. You may also remove your selection and return to the calendar.
- Click "Submit my Booking" to complete the reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your booking details, check-in/check-out code, and cancellation link.
Guidelines for use
Study space in the Knowledge Center is for CUIMC students only.
Please observe the following when using the space:
- Masks must be worn at all times at the Knowledge Center.
- Arrive on time.
- Check in upon arrival and check out upon departure using the QR code at your seat or the code in your confirmation email.
- Furniture may not be moved. Contact staff at information desk for accommodation.
- Individual study only.
- Cleaning supplies will be available. Library staff will not clean spaces between reservations.
- No food or drink is allowed at the Knowledge Center.
- As a courtesy to others, please cancel your reservation in advance if you cannot come during your scheduled time since space is limited. Repeated no-show reservations may result in suspension of privileges to reserve study space.
Entrance to the Hammer Health Sciences Center and the Knowledge Center space is conditioned upon completion of the University’s return to campus protocols.
COVID-19 and meeting spaces
Meeting spaces of the Health Sciences Library are currently unavailable due to space closure as a result of COVID-19. Please check back for updates.