CUIMC students, faculty, and staff can reserve seats for individual study for up to three hours per day in each of the following locations in Hammer Health Sciences Center:
- Health Sciences Library Knowledge Center (Hammer Lobby), 7 a.m.–9 p.m., Monday–Friday
- Lower Level 1 Room LL104, 7 a.m.–9 p.m., Daily
Other study areas as well as meeting spaces of the Health Sciences Library remain unavailable due to space closure as a result of COVID-19. Please check back for updates.
- Individual study spaces
- COVID 19 and meeting spaces
Individual study spaces
How does it work?
Following current health guidelines, the Knowledge Center at the Health Sciences Library and Lower Level 1 Room LL104 have been configured to offer individual seats. See what’s available on the seating maps.
The Knowledge Center is open 7 a.m.–9 p.m., Monday–Friday; Lower Level 1 Room LL104 is open 7 a.m.–9 p.m. daily. Users can book up to three hours of study time in each space each day with a minimum of 30 minutes per session. To enter the Hammer Health Sciences Center, make sure to bring your CUIMC/CU ID and complete the daily COVID-19 symptom self-check.
1. The Health Sciences Library Knowledge Center
- Banquette/booth: 7 seats
- MacOS computer workstation: 3 seats
- Orange Room 1-102: 1 seat
- Round table: 15 seats
- Square chair: 6 seats
- 4 seats near Conference room 101
- 2 seats near Orange room 1-102
- Tall table: 12 seats
- Teamwork hub: 4 seats
- Windows computer workstation: 10 seats
- Two printers and a scanner system available to users with seat reservation
2. Hammer Health Sciences Center Lower Level 1 LL104
- Study table: 15 seats
- Two printers available to users with seat reservation
How do I make a reservation?
- Find the seat you want from the list. Click the “Info” button before any seat name for a brief description.
- There are two ways to choose a time slot:
- Click on the beginning of the time slot you wish to reserve. The system defaults to an hour.
- Click on a time slot then hold down and drag the mouse forward or backward to adjust the length of your session.
- Once you make a selection, LibCal will display it underneath the calendar.
- If you would like to modify the length, use the drop-down menu underneath the calendar to do so. Each booking starts from 30 minutes to up to three hours in 15-minute increments.
- If you would like to change your choice of seat or time, delete the current selection using the trash can icon next to it. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Click the "Submit Times" button to submit your reservation. You will need to authenticate with your UNI.
- On the Booking Details page, click “Continue” after verifying your selection and reading the Terms and Conditions. You may also remove your selection and return to the calendar.
- Click "Submit my Booking" to complete the reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your booking details, check-in/check-out code, and cancellation link.
Guidelines for use
Study space in the Knowledge Center is for CUIMC students, faculty, and staff only.
When you arrive for your reservation, you must check-in at your reserved seat. We use the check-in data for contact tracing and to evaluate the ongoing needs for study spaces. If your reserved seat is occupied when you arrive, do not attempt to occupy an alternate vacant seat.
As a courtesy to others, please cancel your reservation in advance if you cannot come during your scheduled time since space is limited. Repeated no-show reservations may result in suspension of privileges to reserve study space.
Please observe the following when using the space:
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times
- Keep at least six feet apart whenever possible
- Arrive on time for your reservation and check in using the appropriate QR code
- Check out at the end of your reservation
- Leave furniture in its assigned place
- Wipe down surfaces before you leave
- Do not eat or drink in the study space
- Follow the commitments of the Columbia Community Health Compact
Entrance to the Hammer Health Sciences Center and the Knowledge Center space is conditioned upon completion of the University’s return to campus protocols.
COVID-19 and meeting spaces
Meeting spaces of the Health Sciences Library are currently unavailable due to space closure as a result of COVID-19. Please check back for updates.