Pivot is a database that aggregates funding opportunities from across the world and features researcher profiles to enable collaboration.
The collaborative aspect of Pivot is driven through individual researcher profiles which include biographical information, links, publications, grants, and more. An updated profile helps attract potential collaborators and allows Pivot to suggest potential funding opportunities of interest.
You can manually update your publication section; however, if you already have an ORCiD account, it would be fastest to link it to your Pivot account. Once you link your accounts, your Pivot profile will automatically sync to your ORCiD account. (Learn how to create an ORCiD account here.)
To add your ORCiD account to your Pivot profile follow these steps:
- Go to Pivot and sign in with your uni and password
- Click the person icon in the top right corner and click “Sign in”. Then click “Access via My Institution Login” to log in to your personal account
- Select Columbia University from the “Choose your Institution" pull-down menu
- Click on your username and select “Your Profile” from the dropdown list*
- Click “Edit Profile”
- Under “ORCID” click “+Add” and authorize ProQuest to link your ORCiD profile to Pivot